April 11, 2010

Welcome Gavin Wyatt Hendon!

Wow, it has been a chaotic few weeks! Gavin decided not to wait until the March 30th for my scheduled c-section. On March 24th at 10:00 p.m. I started feeling contractions and about midnight I decided it was time to call the doctor. I waiting for the on call doctor to call me back. I never received the call, so I called again and told the answering service I was on my way to the hospital and that the pain was at full force. Tom and Aidan drove me to the hospital and headed home, not really thinking I would have the baby that morning. I got checked in and they checked me for dilation and I was 9 cm. I called Tom and told him that I was fixing to have this baby. They took me in for the c-section and Gavin Wyatt was at 2:59 a.m. on March 25th 8 lbs. 13 0z. 20 1/4. This could not have worked out any better. I had been dreading leaving Aidan and starting to get emotional about the goodbye. Since this took me by surprise I didn't have a chance for all of that. We are somewhat still getting settled. Aidan is doing well and he has been a lot of help. I feel so blessed to have two healthy boys. I can't believe we are now a family of four!

Aidan saying "cheese."




Going to the pediatrician for a weight check.
He now weighs 8 lbs. 15 oz. The boy loves his milk!



The beautiful flowers that Eric and Carol got me.


Uncle Kyle, Gavin, and Aidan.
Grandma Hendon made Aidan's "big brother" shirt.





Aidan's first time seeing Gavin at the hospital.

Momma and her two wonderful boys!



The hospital gives the older sibling a cake with congratulations written on it.
Aidan was so excited to dig into the cake!

1 comment: